|Thanks to you
Rebuilding Day 2017 was a huge success! Nearly 400 volunteers
completed home repair projects on 24 residential homes
(and 1 non-profit facility) in just 1 day
Rebuilding Day is focused on eliminating unsafe and deplorable living conditions for homeowners who do not have the financial or physical means to complete the repairs themselves. These clients face unsafe or unsustainable living conditions that threaten their safety, health, and well-being.
Homeowner Evaluation Surveys revealed the following results:
- 100% rated the quality of work done by volunteer crews as Very Good.
- 75% agreed it was Not Likely they would have been able to complete the repairs with other resources, now or in the future, if the RTKC program did not exist.
- 42% agreed it was Possible to Very Likely they would have had to move from their home in the near future if RTKC’s services did not exist.
- 77% agreed the repairs made by RTKC Improved their home’s accessibility.
- 85% agreed the repairs made by RTKC Improved their home’s safety.
- Overall, 100% reported a Very Good impression of RTKC.
Every day, your support makes positive results like these possible.
Don’t believe us? Read these comments from our homeowners:
“Dear volunteers I appreciate everyone of you and God bless you for the work that you did for me. The work that was done has made for a healthier environment for me. I am enjoying my home and breathing better. Thank you!” ~Mickey
“The crew I had to do my deck was wonderful. They all came together and worked hard. There were some things that had to be done later in the week in which all was completed perfectly.” ~Lyle
“Keep up the good work, its nice to know some one cares to help. Thank you very much.” ~Sandi
“I’ve been searching for the words to express my gratitude and am at a loss to find words to express how grateful I am for the help I have received. All of the people involved have been so kind and caring. We have such a busy world people sometimes are just not able to get the help they need. You have taken a huge burden off my shoulders. I now know my septic tank is in good shape, the yard looks so much nicer with trees being trimmed and all. There was no way I could have done these things and so many people take advantage. Rebuilding Together has been a blessing for us. Thank you.” ~Sarah
to read more highlights of our accomplished 2017 projects and services; and view before and after project photos to inspire you this holiday season.
Save The Date: 2018 Rebuilding Day will take place on Saturday, October 6 with a kick-off celebration at 8:00 a.m., Pleasant Valley Baptist Church.