BECOME A REBUILDER-DONATE NOW
Rebuilding Together Kansas City (RTKC) strives to enable vulnerable families in the Northland to safely stay in their own homes for as long as possible, and we would love for your organization to partner with us in achieving this goal.
On September 19, close to 400 volunteers will combine their skills and energy to transform the homes and lives of veterans, seniors, people with disabilities, and low-income families in the Northland. Although most of the labor is donated by crews from churches, businesses, civic organizations, and schools, the materials are quite expensive with these major rehabilitation projects. Some of the high impact projects we are tackling this year include:
- replacing damaging roof leaks
- repairing holes in floors
- replacing crumbling steps
- creating functional bathrooms
- adding new handrails on steps where falls have occurred
- replacing a deteriorated deck
- repairing soffits where critters keep entering the attic
- restructuring and supporting a load-bearing wall that is falling
- building low-rise steps for a stage 4 cancer sufferer
- weatherizing and painting for several senior residents
- installing shower walls where there are none
- replacing several rotten windows
- replacing old, dangerous appliances by installing new appliances
- replacing 7 doors that were damaged by an abusive ex-husband
Rebuilding Day is focused on eliminating unsafe and deplorable living conditions for homeowners who do not have the financial or physical means to complete the repairs themselves.
Please consider supporting Rebuilding Day as a sponsor with a tax-deductible donation.
As a Rebuilding Day Sponsor, you will receive positive community exposure, but more importantly, you will help RTKC to fulfill our mission of “Repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives.” Please review the enclosed sponsorship form to consider the level that best fits your desires and capabilities, and let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!